Know What to Expect From Start to Finish
Our 6-Step Proven Website Design Process
We approach each website project using our proven 6-step process. It not only keeps us on track, it helps clients understand what they can expect from us from the first contact through Day-2 services.
Building a Solid Foundation
01: Our First Call
If you've completed our website questionnaire and we agree that we are a good fit, we'll kick-off your project with a 30-minute call. This is where our website design process begins. You’ll speak with your Project Manager and Lead Designer having the opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas for the project. We will listen to you carefully, take notes, and ask questions to help get a better understanding of your business, your customers, your industry, possible hurdles, and desired goals.
02: Research + Proposal
During this stage, we perform a lot of research. We research your industry, your existing website (if there is one), your competitors, and website analytics and stats for each. We strategize and plan for the most efficient and effective ways to achieve the goals we discussed in Step #1 above.
The deliverable for you at the end of this phase is an overview of our findings with a clear-cut explanation of our choices in a formal proposal for your review. This proposal document is a valuable audit tool for your website project. It explains where you are, where you want to go, and what your website needs to compete in the market.
03: Website Sitemap + Prototype
After proposal approval we get started building a sitemap. With sitemap approval, it informs our direction in creating a functional prototype that includes all of your website's content. During these stages, we take all that we’ve learned, through our cumulative conversations, emails and research, coupled with our knowledge of current designs styles, and start to carefully plan your website design.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- A Detailed Sitemap - Showing all pages of your site
- An Interactive Prototype - Without design elements applied, a working version of your new website
- Home Page Mock-up - Once the Prototype is approved, we'll add design elements to the Home Page for Your review/approval to move forward
Design, Development + Ongoing Support
04: Website Development
This is where things start getting techy and we are working behind the scenes. Our solutions are built with your current needs and future growth in mind. Using cross-browser and device testing, your new website will not only look great, it will also be user-friendly on all devices—from desktop to tablets to smartphones. The result is a responsive website that meets your goals, and positions you to keep growing your business's online presence.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Responsive Website - Site will reformat to fit device screen size (think Desktop vs Laptop vs Tablet vs Phone)
- Code Written to Current Standards
- Cross-Browser and Device Testing - Review of new site on different browsers and device sizes to catch potential design issues
05: Review and Launch
After development is complete, we are ready for launch. We check cross-browser and multiple device compatibility issues and address any hiccups. We also educate you on your admin backend teaching you how to use your new site (but don’t worry, if learning about website updates just isn’t for you, we have website care plans to handle all things to keep your website in tip-top condition).
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Final Review with Client - We unveil the final site to the customer and request feedback for any items that may need to be adjusted
- Compatibility Review - We check the new site on several different browsers, platforms, and computer types to make sure everything looks good and works as intended before launch
- Website Launch with 75+ Item Checklist - Your site goes live for the world to see and we work behind the scenes performing several tasks to prime your site to be found
- All the Details - Once your site is live, we send you in an email the details you need to know and keep on file
06: Day-2 Services / Monthly Support
After the project is complete and your website is up and running, it is very important to keep website security up-to-date. In addition, managing plugin and system updates on a regular basis will keep the site working as intended. Our website maintenance plans are designed to make website ownership almost effortless for our customers This is where websites are monitored and cared for on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
WEBSITE MAINTENANCE PLANS INCLUDE:
(Learn More About Our Plans Here)
- Offsite Backups - If you site ever crashes, we have a full and complete backup to get you up and running again in no time.
- Plugin + Core System Updates - We keep your site up to date.
- Security Patches
- Site Monitoring 24/7 - We are alerted if there is ever an issue with your site. We'll jump on it to fix the issue, or work with Flywheel Hosting to get it resolved.
- Studio Barn Creative Assistance with Edits - Need content or image changes? We perform those updates for you.
- Monthly Reporting - Emailed to you each month outlining the care provided on the backend of your site by SBC. The report also includes reporting of website visitors and most popular pages visited.