OUR WEBSITE DESIGN PROCESS
NO SURPRISES HERE. UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS FROM START TO FINISH & BEYOND.
A 6-Step Proven Website Design Process
We approach each website project using our proven 6-step process. It not only keeps us on track, it helps clients to understand what they can expect from us and when.
STEPS 1-3: BUILDING A SOLID BASE
OUR FIRST CALL
If you've completed our website application and we've determined that we are a good fit, we'll kick-off your project with a Zoom Meeting or phone call. This is where our website design process begins. You’ll speak with Kari, who is your Project Manager and Lead Designer. She will listen to you carefully, take notes, and ask questions to help get a better understanding of your business, your projects, your possible hurdles, and your desired goals. After this, Kari will recommend next steps and then dig right in and move to Step 2 to begin research and discovery.
RESEARCH & PROPOSAL
During this stage, we research and strategize the most efficient and effective ways to achieve your goals. The deliverable for you is an overview of our findings with a clear-cut explanation of our choices in a formal proposal for your review.This proposal document is a valuable audit tool for your website project. It explains where you are, where you want to go, what your competition is doing to achieve similar goals, and what your website needs to compete in the market.
A SITEMAP & WORKING PROTOTYPE AND START OF DESIGN
After you approve the proposal we get started building a Sitemap and then a Prototype. During these stages, we take all that we’ve learned, through our cumulative conversations, emails and research, coupled with our knowledge of current designs styles, and start to carefully plan your website design.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- A Detailed Sitemap - Showing all pages of your site
- An Interactive Prototype - Without design elements applied, a working version of your new website
- Home Page Mock-up - Once the Prototype is approved, we'll add design elements to the Home Page for Your review/approval to move forward
Steps 4-6: DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT & ONGOING SUPPORT
This is where things get techy and we are working behind the scenes. Our solutions are built with your current needs and future growth in mind. Using cross-browser and device testing, your new website will not only look great, it will also be user-friendly on all devices—from desktop to tablets to smartphones. The result is a responsive website that meets your goals, and positions you to keep growing online.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Responsive Website - Site will reformat to fit device screen size (think Desktop vs Laptop vs Tablet vs Phone)
- Code Written to Current Standards
- Cross-Browser and Device Testing - Spot checking of different browsers and device sizes to catch potential design issues
REVIEW & LAUNCH
After development is complete, we are ready for launch. We check cross-browser and multiple device compatibility issues and address any hiccups. We also educate you on your admin backend teaching you how to use your new site (but don’t worry, if learning about website updates just isn’t for you, we have website care plans to handle all things to keep your website in tip-top condition).
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Compatibility Review + Bug Fixes - We check the new site on Safari, Chrome, ie, Edge, and Firefox browsers. Then we look at your new site on PC vs Mac. Finally, we view it on several different device sizes, too, to make sure everything looks good and fits well.
- Final Review with Customer - We unveil the final site to the customer and request feedback for any items that may need to be adjusted
- Website Launch - Your site goes live for the world to see. Yay ?
- All the Details - Once your site is live, we send you in an email the details you need to know and keep on file
DAY 2 SERVICES / MONTHLY SUPPORT
After the project is complete and your website is up and running, it is very important to keep your website security up-to-date; and manage plugin and system updates on a regular basis. Our support plans are designed to make website ownership almost effortless for our customers after website launch, where websites are monitored and cared for on a weekly and monthly basis.
WEBSITE MAINTENANCE PLANS INCLUDE:
(Learn More About Our Plans Here)
- Offsite Backups - If you site ever crashes, we have a full and complete backup to get you up and running again in no time
- Plugin + Core System Updates - We keep your site up to date
- Security Patches
- Access to Video Training
- Site Monitoring 24/7 - We are alerted if there is ever an issue with your site. We'll jump on it to fix the issue, or work with Flywheel Hosting to get it resolved
- Studio Barn Creative Assistance - Need content or image changes? We will make those for you.
- Monthly Reporting - Emailed to you each month outlining the care provided on the backend of your site by SBC
ARE YOU READY TO GET STARTED?
Owning a Small Business is BIG Work. Let's Start Your Website Today!