Affordable WordPress Website Design
Helpful articles because running a small business is Big Work!
What is Affordable WordPress Website Design
Understanding Cost versus Investment
If you’re looking for a fast answer about how much a website will cost if you work with us, this may not be the right place for you.
We believe that the definition of affordable WordPress website design is found within the parameters of what you are willing to invest in your business.
There is a great article here that explains the difference between cost and investment, and why an investment gives you more of a return than a simple fixed cost.
If you look at the biggest investment that you’ve ever made, let’s assume your home, it’s easy to see the difference between a cost and an investment.
It might not be so easy to see the difference, however, with a website. So let’s review a few simple questions and see if you’re looking for a cost-based website or an investment in one.
You Want a Cost-Based Website If:
• You simply want a website to be able to say that you have one.
• You do not think your website will generate enough business, or gain you any new customers to offset the cost of it.
• Your website doesn’t need to highlight your product, knowledge, skills, features or benefits to a potential customer to encourage them to contact you.
• You plan to have your site built and then not update it again for 2-3 years.
You Want to Invest in a New Website If:
• You believe that your website will act as your online sales person
• You believe that your website will attract new customers, capture and generate leads, and generate revenue as a complement to your existing business
• You want to use your website as a way to educate and inform potential customers about your services, new products, or benefits of working with you
• You believe that your website should be scalable for growth and help to position you as a thought leader in your industry by keeping your content fresh and current
So – What IS Affordable WordPress Website Design
We prefer to work with individuals, small business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profit groups, etc., who believe that their website will be a business investment. The answer to whether or not it will be affordable to them depends on what they can no longer afford to be without. We are able to work within a large flux of website budgets (e.g., from $1,000 up to $10K and more) and find that the affordability/investment balance is reached when the allocated budget enables the customer to meet the prescribed goals for their website.
Will I See a Return on My Investment?
Yes.We work with you to determine what your key performance indicators would be and we propose implementing functionality that can help you to measure those metrics. For instance, if a KPI is growing your lead database, we implement a lead capture function and encourage your visitor through various processes to provide their contact information thus providing a measurable metric for growth. If a KPI is improving your position in SERPs (search engine response pages), we provide a search engine optimization service and measure your rankings for those key words/phrases. We believe that a cost-based website is not positioned to help you grow your business with any type of scalability.
(def: Scalability is a characteristic of a system, model or function that describes its capability to cope and perform under an increased or expanding workload. A system that scales well will be able to maintain or even increase its level of performance or efficiency when tested by larger operational demands.)
The Wrap Up
Only you can decide which type of website is right for you. In some cases (e.g., a personal resume page), a cost-based website is the smart choice. If you’re building a business and looking for avenues of growth, consider investing in your website along with it’s design and ongoing care. For more on website care, take a look at this article about how to keep your site healthy.
If you are already experiencing successes related to investing in your website we’d love to hear about it in the comments section below. If you think you’d like to have a discovery session discussion with us about your cost or investment needs, send us an email at email@example.com or take a look at some of the services we offer as we build and care for your website.